Porterfield Airplane Club

Keep the Skinny Birds Flying Safely

Gents,

I recently had a new engine mount made for my LC-65 in order to convert to a Continental 65hp engine.   Top quality work product approved by my IA and a second IA.  The manufacturer is not willing to part with the fixture, but is willing to make additional mounts for $1,700 per mount.  If anyone is interested please advise and I will put you in contact with him directly.

Perry

Views: 695

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perry

Interested in your success on converting to the cont 65.  Did you get all squared away?

I did.  All good.  Looking forward to flying weather!

john elliott said:

Perry

Interested in your success on converting to the cont 65.  Did you get all squared away?

I am interested in your engine mount contact and any other information you are willing to share as I will probably also convert to A65.  I just bought and LP 65 and love it but could use more power. 

Well I'll have to see if I can track him down.  I heard last summer he had moved out of the area for a new job.  Will see what I can find out.

Perry:  Where did you get your parts for your O-145 rebuild that you performed a few years ago?  John here was looking for parts sources, in case he stays with his Lycoming.  Thanks

Andy

i collected them over a period of years.  What do you need?  I can see if I have it.

Perry

I have someone building my engine mount based on the Porterfield drawings but he had two questions I was hoping you could answer.  First it looks like the mount uses 1/4 inch bolts for mount to fuselage and he had questions on the bushing dimensions for part # 2759-2.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay -- been dealing with illness and trying to make a living.  I'll see what I can find out.

Perry

John,

Talked to my IA.  He agreed that the mount uses 1/4 inch bolts for mounting to the fuselage but had no info on the bushing dimensions for part # 2759-2.  Short of removing the mount from the firewall he was unable to measure.

john elliott said:

Perry

I have someone building my engine mount based on the Porterfield drawings but he had two questions I was hoping you could answer.  First it looks like the mount uses 1/4 inch bolts for mount to fuselage and he had questions on the bushing dimensions for part # 2759-2.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I'm interested. Who do I contact?

Sorry Joe.  He had a bad fall while playing with his kids, hit his head and is disabled.  Very sad.

Very sad!  I wonder if he’d be willing to part with his fixture now?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tom Porterfield.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter