Porterfield Airplane Club

Keep the Skinny Birds Flying Safely

Noted on Barnstormers an "almost completed" Porterfield in Seminole. TX/

Fellow is asking $ 8500.  Anyone near there know anything about it ?

Bill

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill

I could not find the Porterfield in Seminole, Tx Ad in Barnstormers. Maybe you could direct me to it.

Seminole is only 100 miles from me and the guy called me yesterday looking for a Porterfield data plate. He didn't mention it was for sale. 

The airplane was found in a barn in west Texas over 20 yrs ago. There were 2 in the barn and had been there since the late 40's or early 50's. I have the other one.

The man that had found it 20 yrs ago took it to Midland, Tx and had rebuilt the engine a Lycoming 65 and had done some other work to it. He was in his 80's at that time and died in his Bonanza. 

The airplane was sold to another guy in Midland, whom had it hangered and didn't pay the rent. I saw it in that hanger about 5 yrs ago and made them an offer. Within a couple months they sold it to the guy in Seminole. I had not heard any more about it until yesterday when he called.

Tom Porterfield

Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019

Tom,

The ad reads:  

Available for Sale---Almost Completely Restored---Contact Neal K. Loeppky, owner, Semnole,  TX USA

Telephone, 1-432-788-7660, (posted Dec. 18, 2018)  Shows a PC sitting in a hanger,  white wings, red stripes, red fus. with white stripes, NO NUMBER.   Hope this helps.

Bill

Tom,

If you click on search ads, then type in Porterfield, the ad will come up. I searched a bunch of other categories and found nothing until I used the search ad feature.

Morgan

Tom Porterfield said:

Bill

I could not find the Porterfield in Seminole, Tx Ad in Barnstormers. Maybe you could direct me to it.

Seminole is only 100 miles from me and the guy called me yesterday looking for a Porterfield data plate. He didn't mention it was for sale. 

The airplane was found in a barn in west Texas over 20 yrs ago. There were 2 in the barn and had been there since the late 40's or early 50's. I have the other one.

The man that had found it 20 yrs ago took it to Midland, Tx and had rebuilt the engine a Lycoming 65 and had done some other work to it. He was in his 80's at that time and died in his Bonanza. 

The airplane was sold to another guy in Midland, whom had it hangered and didn't pay the rent. I saw it in that hanger about 5 yrs ago and made them an offer. Within a couple months they sold it to the guy in Seminole. I had not heard any more about it until yesterday when he called.

Tom Porterfield

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Tom Porterfield.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter