Porterfield Airplane Club

Keep the Skinny Birds Flying Safely

A STOCK CP-50 for sale in Cashmere, WA: $35K

This may be another Porterfield of Rick Wood's. The link below didn't work for me, as I don't do Facebook. Hopefully, it will work for you. Otherwise, contact Rick Wood (see the previous, recent Forum post of a Barnstormers ad).

As seen on Facebook, by member Bill Skinner:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1716261928624820/user/1481687597

1939 Porterfield CP50 for sale. Prior to restoration this aircraft last flew in 1948. TT since new is approximately 950 hours. All log, records and accident reports are included with the aircraft. There are only 5 known CP50s still in existence. This CP50 was restored to original standards and flown in June of this year. 1938 Continental A50 has 3 hours SMOH. Exhaust is stainless steel, and the original rare cast aluminum exhaust is with the aircraft. $35,000.00

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The link works, but you probably need to be signed in to Facebook to see it.

these are the photos that are on Facebook with the ad.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Continental A50, the exhaust ports are on the top of the cylinders, as evidenced by the stainless steel exhaust header over the top of the heads.

Those are Bendix "lunchbox" magnetos on the accessory case.

I'm curious why he went to all the trouble to restore her to factory specs, yet substituted white for silver with the paint scheme...

Porterfields had a list of options available  at extra cost. Paint color was one of the options.

Dan R. Stewart said:

Porterfields had a list of options available  at extra cost. Paint color was one of the options. I have owned this Porterfield for almost 30 years and finally got around to restoring it. The wing color is Idaho Snow.

I learn so much about Porterfield from this site. Thank you, Dan!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Tom Porterfield.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter