Porterfield Airplane Club

Keep the Skinny Birds Flying Safely

My brake pedals are laying back, towards my feet, and I discovered the single return spring is missing.  Looking at the location and the job it has to do, I’m guessing this spring maybe the same spring that goes between the tailwheel and rudder arms.  Anybody familiar enough with this spring, located under the floorboards, just aft of the bootcowl, along the centerline, to know what the dimensions of it are so I can procure a replacement?  Thanks!

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ended up using a tension type spring that connects the rudder arms to the tailwheel arms, and it's working very well.  Thanks to my friend Don Bradford, who flys his Vagabond out of Northampton, Massachusetts, for giving me his old springs when we replaced them with the compression type.

Reply to Discussion


© 2021   Created by Tom Porterfield.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter